Frequently Asked Questions
A: You can check availability for the entire resort here, or read about each of our Roatan condos and check availability on the all condos page. If you have any questions about the best arrangements for you, please use the contact us form and we will help you decide what works best for your group and budget.
A: United, Delta, and American Airlines all provide non-stop service to Roatan from the United States. You should check them individually, as they provide different services on different days. All above airlines also offer service to San Pedro Sula on the mainland of Honduras, where you can catch a commuter flight to Roatan. You can search for airfares from your home city on each of these airlines’ websites. Roatan’s airport code is RTB and San Pedro Sula’s is SAP.
A: Our driver charges $25 for up to 4 people and an additional $5 for each extra person, each way. He can meet you at the airport and help you with your luggage. If needed he can take you to the grocery store on your way to the resort. Please request this service in advance to help us ensure prompt pickup for other guests who may be checking in on the same day as you. There is a nominal charge for a grocery stop. All we need is your arrival time and flight number!
A: Our cancellation policy is as follows;
- Notice of cancellation given prior to 30 days before your arrival will result in a full refund, excluding a $75 service fee.
- Cancellation within 30 days but prior to 15 days before your arrival will be credited for your use with a 1-year expiration limit, excluding a $75 service fee. This credit is transferable to another party.
- If you cancel your reservation within 15 days of your arrival, we cannot refund or credit your payment.
A: We recommend bug repellant, sunscreen, a flashlight, beach towel, strap back sandals for the Canopy Tours, and a light rain jacket during October – February. We also ask all guests to download WhatsApp prior to arrival (download) which will connect them to loved ones at home and connect them to our team of employees 24/7
We suggest you let your bank know that you are traveling and ask what their fees are before you travel. Travelers Checks are not accepted in most established businesses or banks and are NOT recommended. We also offer a 2% discount on room charges when paid in cash.
A: There are several machines on the island. Ask in the office for a list of trusted ones.
A: There is wireless internet throughout the resort, including in all rooms. There is also a computer in the office you can use to check your email.
A: Checkout is at 11 am and check-in is at 2 pm. If you need a late checkout, it can be arranged through the office prior to the day you are checking out. Late checkout is at 2 pm and the fee is $20. If you check out after 2 pm you will need to pay for an additional night stay.
A: We have beach towels available for guest use. Or you are welcome to bring your own.
A: We do offer laundry service for guests. The cost is $10 a load; wash, dry, and fold. You can drop your laundry off at our office in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon.
A: We are happy to arrange car rentals for guests by the day, week or month. We are able to secure good rates, and the car rental companies will drop the car off at the resort for you and pick it back up.
A. No. The dive shop and restaurant/bar are run separately from the hotel and your bills cannot be combined.
A: Though the official language of Honduras is Spanish, the most common language spoken on Roatan is Caribbean English. At Blue Bahia Roatan Resort, you will be able to speak with most of the staff and order things in English. Most restaurant menus and prices are in English and with US dollar pricing.
A: You will need a passport to enter and exit the country. All guests traveling to Honduras will need to have a passport valid for at least 6 months past the date of travel and ALL guests are required to have a passport to enter Honduras. Please check with your passport agency to make sure your passport info is in order before you leave for your vacation. We will not refund or credit your balance due to problems you encounter with your passport.
Updated June 10, 2021
Roatan, Honduras is open for travel! The Government of Honduras has implemented new immigration procedures to ensure the effectiveness of airport biosecurity protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
See the official press release here.
1.) Honduras Immigration Pre-Check
The first prerequisite for entering Honduras is to complete the online Immigration Pre-check Formfound here: https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/
- Create a username and password.
- Access your account, enter your scheduled trip, add the day of your flight, the country you are leaving, and the country you are entering.
- Complete the virtual customs form, health form, and upload your COVID-19 test results (if applicable).
- For “United States”, go to “E” and select “Estados Unidos”
- Enter Blue Bahia Sandy Bay Roatan as your destination address.
- The form cannot be submitted until 48 hours prior to your arrival date. Before the 48-hour timeframe, you can advance the process by registering on the site and completing the questions; however, you must wait until you’re within the 48-hour timeframe to submit. (This is to avoid excess records in the immigration system).
- It is best to complete the form on a desktop or laptop rather than a mobile device.
- You will receive a response via email, and you will need to print it out and carry it with you.
- To make things speedier during check-in at the immigration desk, highlight your name, pre-check #, and travel date.
Use this Pre-check User Guide to help you complete the online immigration form.
If you have any issues with the Immigration Pre-check Form website, use this link instead: https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/3LC6FbGX
2.) COVID-19 Vaccine Card for Fully Vaccinated Travelers
If you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and traveling at least 14 days after your final shot, you DO NOT need to get tested for COVID-19.
You will need:
- The ORIGINAL Vaccination Card that was given to you at the vaccination site.
You are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19: 14 days or more after you have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca), or 14 days or more after you have received a single-dose vaccine (J&J/Janssen).
3.) COVID-19 Test for Non-Vaccinated or Not Fully Vaccinated Travelers
If you are NOT vaccinated or NOT fully vaccinated, you WILL need to get tested for COVID-19.
You will need:
- A negative COVID-19 test, taken not more than 72 hours prior to your entry to Honduras.
Accepted Tests for COVID-19:
- Rapid Antigen Test for detection of COVID-19
- Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (rt-PCR) in real-time.
Here is a COVID-19 TESTING LOCATION FINDER that may help to find a testing location that provides results within 72 hours or less for travel.
4.) Airport Security Protocols
All travelers vaccinated or not are required to comply with airport biosecurity protocols:
- Wear face coverings correctly.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Use hand sanitizing gel as instructed.
Standard Entry Requirements:
- U.S. citizens are required to have a U.S. passport with at least six months validity beyond return travel dates.
- Residents of South America or persons traveling en route from South America to Honduras will be required to show proof of the Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- Residents of all other countries should check with the Honduran Embassy for specific entry requirements.
COVID-19 Testing is Required to Re-enter the United States
The CDC requires COVID-19 testing for all air passengers arriving in the U.S. from a foreign country no more than 3 days before their flight departs. COVID-19 Testing is available at the resort through Island Med for $55. We will make all of the arrangements for you so you can relax and enjoy your vacation.
A: These are the tropics and there are bugs. However, we have taken steps to mitigate the pesky bugs in a sound, environmentally-friendly way. You should pack insect repellent as a precaution (we also sell it here if you forget).
A: Absolutely, and it is quite good. We are also located just down the beach from Anthony’s Key and they maintain a doctor on site as well as a recompression chamber.
A: Yes, we have a US phone number that they can call that is forwarded to the resort: 716-425-5455 or 716-425-5453. They can also reach us on our local Honduran cell phone at 011-504-9896-523.
A: No shots are needed to visit Roatan.
A: Roatan is perhaps one of the best values in the Caribbean. The US dollar is accepted but the lempira is the official currency. My gramps could tell how expensive a place was by the price of a beer; a beer is around three bucks at Blue Bahia. Enough said.
A: If you have them, bring them! Children of all ages are welcome on Roatan and at Blue Bahia.
Have some extra room in your suitcases? Although Roatan is a stunning Caribbean paradise, many of its community members, especially children live in poverty, are struggling to access education as well as basic health care needs. Blue Bahia works with many amazing charities on the island that help so many individuals lead a better life and gain a brighter future.
If you are packing your suitcase and have some room to spare, we will greatly accept any donations that you are able to bring. In demand items include school supplies for children, clothing, and medical supplies (bandages, first-aid items, Tylenol, vitamins, etc.)
If you have any questions about what to bring or the charities we work with, please send us a message and we will be happy to help.